HOME
ABOUT MARIETTA CHURCH
• Constitution
• Church Purpose
• We Believe
• Church History
• Directions
SUNDAY SERVICE AND BIBLE STUDY
SUNDAY SERMONS
CALENDAR of EVENTS
PRAYER REQUESTS
Our Walk
MINISTRIES
• Adults
• Youth Group
• Music
• Missions
• Community Outreach
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
CONTACT US

Church History


  • The United Christian Church of Marietta was built around 1900, when women in the community formed a Women's Aid Society to build a church in Marietta. There were 21 charter members of the society--all women, because the men said they were too busy tending to their own work.The Society bought property from Eugene Baker for $50. After a few years, a church was built by the Wright brothers of Marcellus at a cost of $700.

 

  • The bell that still rings each Sunday morning was donated by Mr. and Mrs. George Case.

 

  • The pews and large chandelier were given by the Presbyterian Church of Marcellus.

 

  • The pulpit Bible was sent to the church by the Rev. Joshua Meade of Newark, NJ.

 

  • The Rev. William M. Case became the first regular pastor.

 

  • In April 1951 the name of the church was changed from the Women's Aid Society to the United Christian Church of Marietta.

 

  • In 2009 land was purchased behind the church for new Church Expansion. Completed in 2011

 

 


O Come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

Copyright © 2017 Marietta Church. All Rights Reserved.
Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.